Monday, January 4, 2010

Black Monday - More On The Firing Of Jim Zorn

"Today starts our 2011 season."  The words of the Redskins new general manager Bruce Allen today after the firing of head coach Jim Zorn at 4 a.m this morning.  Just from listening to him talk about Jim Zorn and the coming days, it is apparent that Allen means business.  If anyone could turn this franchise around, it sounds like it would be Allen.  I hope I'm not the only one getting excited about the prospect of, dare I say it, a winning season next year.  

Daniel Snyder also sounded off about the firing of Jim Zorn publicly taking some of the blame for the teams recent troubles:
“This has been an extremely difficult season for our organization and for the fans. Bruce Allen spent many hours examining the football operations, and we are both determined to do whatever it takes to build a championship team. That process begins today.     
“No one in the organization is satisfied with our record over the last two years, and I am sure that Jim would concur with that statement. It has been painful for him too. I certainly accept responsibility for mistakes that I have made. I am hopeful that our fans will accept my commitment and pledge to deliver a franchise that can compete in the NFC East every season.
“Finally, I am mindful that this is a tough day for Jim and his family, and I do want to wish him success in his next endeavor.”
 Despite my opinion on Snyder, I think I can finally trust him to do something with this team other than bringing big, under performing names to the Redskins.

In other Redskins news, the team nabbed the 4th overall pick in the 2010 draft.  Here's hoping for a good rookie quarterback.

No comments:

Post a Comment